EMPLOYMENT/VOCATIONAL TRAINING COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Employment/Vocational Training Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Case Management Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Housing and Employment Services
SALARY: $32,000 - $37,000
STATUS: Non Exempt
JOB FUNCTIONS: This position provides intensive employment case management to families that are being serviced in the community.
1. Completes and employment assessment of all clients entering the First Hug Program seeking employment by identifying their knowledge skills, abilities and needs. Ensures assessments of client’s education, work experience, skills, abilities, qualifications, and job interest; assesses client readiness for job referral, classroom training, on-the-job training, and support services; attempts to match clients with available employment, or other opportunities/services with collaborating agencies.
2. Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are
individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on his/her caseload. Provides individualized follow-along supports to assist clients in maintaining employment.
3. Assists with developing and establishing externship sites, mentors and employment-partnerships prior to and during job search.
4. Instruct/train clients and identify their barriers and to help clients to remove/mitigate their barriers which includes conducting employment workshops for clients and community participates.
5. Assist with job search and job retention with goals of soft and hard skills, helping clients to obtain higher paying jobs and create sustainable career paths.
6. Provides supported education, using principles similar to supported employment, for clients who express interest in education to advance their employment goals.
7. Conducts a minimum of six employer contacts per month.
8. Keep detailed records of every case, home visit, referral and contacts with resources on client’s behalf. Ensure that records, reports, and documentation are created promptly. Safeguards client confidentiality, and ensures that all records are accurate and objective.
9. Generates and compiles client outcomes and reports within Unity and Excel for reporting to funders for program.
10. Train and manage interns and/or volunteers to ensure that the services provided meet program policy requirements.
11. Visit and meet with community service providers, employers, service organizations and institutions which prove beneficial to the maintenance of self-sufficient living.
12. Participate in Metropolitan Ministries’ holiday efforts. Participate in Bridge Builders and other fund raising events when needed.
13. Support the team in other tasks as assigned and attend all team meetings. Meet personal goals and actively contribute to the achievement of the team and organizational targets/goals as stated on the Balanced Scorecard and in the annual plan.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services field required; Master’s degree preferred. 3-5 years of Case Management experience.
Requires heart for ministry. Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with low socio-economic and diverse populations facing crisis situations in a professional and diplomatic manner. Ability to deescalate clients on the edge of verbal or physical violence. Ability to work as part of a team within a multi-disciplinary framework. Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires oral and written communication skills and the ability to write reports and conduct and participate in meetings. Must have a valid driver’s license and a car.
Physical Requirements: Must have adequate hearing and speaking ability as to take part in and provide sound oral communication and information. Must be capable of working outdoors in sunlight and higher temperatures on occasion. Must have the physical, emotional, and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress. Must be able to lift 20 lbs or more.
Other: Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass required background pre-employment screening. Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Requires a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to qualify for the Ministries’ driving program.